A Query to God


Bullied by myths,

my thoughts couldnt dare,
Read in some book,
or heard it somewhere;
That flowers are nice,
and cruel are thorns;
Those angels have harps
and demons have horns;
But isnt it all
as one would say,
For each in his own
experienced way;
And I do have
some stories to tell,
That someday i had
landed in hell;
And boy did I
cool off my heels,
Befriend some demons,
with some zeal;
Bought some time in heaven,
was alone and lost,
A price that I paid,
much more than it cost,
Alone I wandered
through mists in dark,
For angels were busy,
fixing their harps,
They sang away for themselves
and made their share of stew,
Now I wished to be back in hell
but I never got through,
So I might just finish off
with my little letter.
Hell was like heaven
but just a bit better.


Comments

Sue said…
A fine lyrical expression of one man's meat being another's poison. Sin, evil, wrong are all relative and a matter of perspective according to the situation at hand. One needs to be wary before getting judgemental about another's actions. Though, must say, a fanatic Christian would beg to differ with your description of heaven!! :)
Unknown said…
a child's curiosity and inquisitiveness , desire to know....and yet a mature adults perspective of the realities of life....a deliberate attempt to go away from the traditonal views...
and an admirable attempt to move away from the fold....
a totally different perspective altogether which many people might beg to differ including me...and yet that wats this verse does..it makes you want to read it again....
Lekhu said…
A good one...some how I can imagine brfriending demons with horns and being lonely with angels...:)...
Ninitha said…
"But isnt it all
as one would say,
For each in his own"...i guess you said it..its your perspective and what more its interesting.Its so simple and yet so creative that it makes me wanna whack maself for not havin thought of it...

Simple yet thought provokin...its a definite success coz its making poeple think...suhas ma man..mission accomplished!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

I kiss your silent lips

Inspired Thoughts ...